Saturday, November 10, 2012

Slipped and fell...


Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2012 - Week 4

I slipped and fell in the bathroom! I was completely tramatized! After getting out of the shower, I took off the garbage bags off my cast and the water dripped off the bags and wet the floor. I hopped up to get up from my stool while holding on to my crutches and the rubber just didn't grip the floor well. Then I slipped to the right! First thing I did of course naturally was place my right foot on the floor, and quickly realized Oh Noooo and let go to a fall. I only placed my toes but I felt the immense pressure on the ankle when placing that foot down. I got sooo scared. I tried to place my arm onto the sink but the sink was also slippery and wet and slipped off that while falling. Bumped my head onto the shower door and breaking apart the door and rubber that was holding it down. Bam! There goe's my right hip to the ground. Glad I wasn't really hurt. The cast really protects well. However, I have a huge 3-4 inch bruise on my hip to show for. I was so worried I may have moved my ankle. Good thing I go in tomorrow for another follow up and xray with Dr. Lundy.

So tramatizing! I have to be more careful!



1 comment:

  1. Hey..u did not get stitches?.. How was the wound closed..

    ReplyDelete