Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 44 - ~1 month follow up with Surgeon since cast came off


Friday, Jan. 4, 2013 - Week 14

November 21, 2012 was the day I got my cast off! I can't believe it's already the new year! Time flew by so fast. I finally come in to see Dr. Lundy for a follow up after about a month and a week's worth of physical therapy to see how I'm doing. Before heading in, I went to buy an almond cake to thank and wish Dr. Lundy and staff for helping me. 

When I wake up every morning, I feel the stiffness around the ankle and need to stretch to warm it up before I step down on the floor to get up. It doesn't help that it's winter and cold right now. With the cold, it's definitely more stiff feeling. I need to continue my exercises diligently.

It was 9:15am, and I went straight to my room to wait for Dr. Lundy. He came to my room within minutes and then he began. He reviewed my scar, told me I had to keep at my physical therapy as this is a very crucial time to heal my ankle. Also to massage my scar incision area so the skin has movement. He sad that my ankle looked really good, not much swelling and that it will go down over time. It's looking really well. He asked if I was in pain and asked if I was still taking any pain medication. I told him I had stopped taking it 2 days out of surgery because I was able to take the pain and didn't need it. Then he said that I can ween off using the ankle brace by the end of the month! I was so happy to hear that! The brace actually lays right on top of the incision area which makes it uncomfortable at times. He also said, don't use the brace when I'm home but use it when I'm out or around a crowd to protect it. Luckily I still have a neoprene ankle brace I found laying around from my previous ankle injury. I will use that in replacement. So far it has been working well and a lot smaller.



This month end would make it my 2 months of physical therapy. If I needed more, then the physical therapist can send over a note to request for more sessions. We'll see how I do by the end of the month! I'll be back to see Dr. Lundy again in about a month for another followup. 


No comments:

Post a Comment