Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 58 - Last Pool Class!


Friday, Jan. 18, 2013 - Week 16


I woke up feeling good on my ankle today. The only thing that bugged me was my ganglion cyst on my left wrist haha! It came back from using the one crutch. This time, it is bigger then ever! It irritated me and I sort of felt the pain of it squeezing against my nerves. I'll try not to use the crutch so much and will need to massage the wrist so it goes away. Dr. Lundy said that he could drain it for me with a needle but only if it really bothers me. I'm ok for now.



I still wore my ankle brace and used my 1 crutch to get to Physical Therapy. There's this hill that leads to my Physical Therapy and using a crutch will help me get up that hill just a bit faster.

I came in early and ready for the Pool Class. I can't believe it was going to be my last pool class! I was so happy! I got in the pool and no pain! I was able to take the warm up lap walking around the entire pool circle and not needing to stay in the deep end anymore for the weight support. I was able to do all of my exercises without any bar support as well! I've really improved and Serena can tell. She's so proud of me! I've kept up with my homework and listened to Serena and Colleen with the continued homework therapy I needed once out of there.


My scar is also starting to look better by the day. Maybe Cocoa butter is working? I still see a bit of the rash scarring, the dark spots around the scar. 



2 comments:

  1. Good thing you consulted your doctor about your ganglion cyst. Home care, such as a topical plaster, is no longer suggested to cure this condition because it has not been shown to keep the ganglion cyst from returning and may actually cause more injury. Medical treatment is still highly recommended. Are you still using your crutch?

    Fort Lauderdale South Florida Orthopedics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sienna,

    My ganglion cyst went down once I finally stopped using crutches end of January. It was a very happy moment for me =) However, my cyst does come and go but it doesn't bother me so I've left it alone and didn't get treated for it.

    Thanks!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete