Sunday, February 24, 2013

Day 95 - Able to walk my dog for the first time!


Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013 - Week 21

I woke up to a very warm and sunny day today! 

 

I felt strong on my ankle today and decided to try giving my dog a walk! I felt like I had enough strength to hold Pebbles on a leash even when she tugs. This would be the first time walking Pebbles since I got injured! A very exciting and accomplished day for me! Another step forward towards recovery! Once I grabbed her leash, she knew we were going out for a walk. Pebbles was so happy! It felt great to be out walking, dog walking! My ankle felt strong but I still had a tiny limp. Little hills still feel a bit awkward to walk on. My ankle side to side movements are still a bit sensitive and bruised feeling. However, that feeling is slowly going away. 

I love my Adidas Trail running shoes! These are the only shoes I have that are light and comfortable for walking and doing any type of exercise. It's so light weight and has a ton of traction. I can't wait for the day I'll get to run again! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment