Friday, April 5, 2013

Day 132 - RUNNING on the Alter G and Total Body Fitness Group Class for the first time at PT!

Tue, April 2, 2013 - Week 27

I woke up excited this morning! I had a 10am appointment for a free session to try out the Alter G. I got into the room and see this huge machine! Something I've never seen before.


Next, the assistant had me put on these tight biker shorts with zippers attached to the waist. This is for when I step into the machine and zip up, the machine will have air to give me gravity for controlling my body weight to run.

Once I got into it, I was eager to run! The assistant then left me in there to run for 20 minutes after helping me set up for it. I had control of my body weight so I can set the gravity to however many % weight I want to use for running. It felt weird at first because it just felt like air was lifting me and I started to float at about 40% body weight haha. Then I tried more % and was able to run on 65% comfortably. Colleen came in and saw me running! She said that she couldn't even tell which was my broken ankle! I was doing well. Then I tested it more to see how far i can push myself. I've gotten myself to job at 96% but felt a lot of pressure and a bit of a pinch on the ankle so it wasn't good. However I did feel comfortable around the 75% point. As time went, I started to feel more tired and sweater waterfalls down my face. It was very exciting for me! I felt like I got a good workout out of it! Below is an image example of what it looks like. I don't think I will do it again, it felt like I had no where to swing my arms comfortable while running. When I got off, I actually felt a bit dizzy. No good. At least I tried it and got to run for the first time in 6 months! I was very happy =) Colleen also gave me a free one class trial for the Total body Fitness class later at night which I loved too! It was like these 1 minute workout stations around the entire gym. Most of the workouts I can do at home so I may not do that as well. Maybe, we'll see what Colleen says when I see her this coming Tuesday. Crazy workout day but I feel great!





No comments:

Post a Comment