Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day 160 - My ankle hardware did not beep at the airport!


Monday, April 29, 2013 - Week 31

I went to VEGAS over the weekend for my friend's bachelorette pary. It was my first mini trip since injured! I just got back today and surprised how well my ankle handled so much walking. On Saturday morning, I was anxious to find out if my ankle hardware would beep going through the TSA body scanner. My surgeon said it was too small to be detected but some say it still beeps! The answer was no beeping! Not actual picture of me below, but this was what the machine looked like at the airport. I walked out so excited haha. Mostly because I'm on my first trip! I healed up just in time for this planned trip. 


During my stay in Vegas, we did a lot of walking at the mall and around the area by our hotel at the Palazzo. I was limping just a bit but I was able to walk for a few hours. I eventually got tired and had to sit down from time to time to stretch. On Sunday night, I stayed with another friend at her timeshare and it was the first time I went into the Hot Tub with my new ankle hardware! It felt just like the heated pool at PT except there were jets. I did my ankle exercises and the hot water felt really good and relaxing after a long day of walking.  I accidentally walked passed a jet and it blew against my scar area. I felt a quick pinch and it was definitely uncomfortable. Too much pressure, and my scar area still feels sensitive. My trip ended Monday night and my ankle is completely fine! That also meant, I had 2 days off from doing my ankle PT exercises. It was a nice break! I still did some stretches but that was all I had time for. No pain, just a bit of ache and more tired from walking. I'm so happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment