Sunday, July 20, 2014

1 year 8 months - Hiked Emerald Bay, Lake Tahoe!



Saturday, June 28, 2014

It's nice to be back in Lake Tahoe! I organized a summer cabin trip for 12 with friends for a weekend trip. So much fun! On Saturday, we went to Emerald Bay for a hike! It was a beautiful and perfect day!


We decided to take the Rubicon Trail.


It was a pretty easy hike. No hills, just a flat and rocky uneven trails. To the right is the pretty blue bay along the entire hike.


Our hike in was about an hour. We stopped at this point to take pictures before turning back.


It was about 2pm and we were all starting to starve. With just a bowl of cereal, grapes, and 1 energy bar to share between 4 people, all we wanted to do was head back to eat a buffet! 


I decided to not wear an ankle brace to see how I'd do. It wasn't good. Glad we found some walking sticks. I started with 1 going in. On my way back, I had to use 2! It really saved me and supported my walk back! I started to limp towards the end and was feeling exhausted. By the time I got back up to the last hill towards the car entrance, I had to take a few sitting breaks. My ankle felt swollen and definitely sore. We finally ended our hike around 4 and was starving. Great hike! But a sore ankle! I had to ice it when we got back to the cabin. Next hike, I'll be sure to wear a brace! Thought about buying a hiking stick. It really helped!









No comments:

Post a Comment