Monday, March 5, 2018

5 years 6 months - Weekly Body Combat Class, I sometimes hold back on my jump kicks.


Monday - March 5, 2018

I love my weekly Body Combat classes! It's a great workout for the entire body. However, there are parts of the class where you do air kicks, jump kicks, jumping jacks, and side planks. I find myself still having trouble balancing on my right ankle/foot when holding a kick stance. Sometimes I can hold it when I focus, but other times I can't and topple over. I can definitely feel the pressure on my ankle after using it so much throughout the class. When it comes to jumping jacks, knee highs, and jump kicks I either do a baby jump or I hold back and stay on the ground to do a squat as an alternative move to jumping. The pressure of landing on my ankle with all of my weight feels straining. Sometimes I will get a sharp pinch when I land from a jump, or a quick pressure pain. It's uncomfortable when I do land or lean towards the outside of my ankle and that's when it gets painful. My ankle doesn't bend that way. So this is the downside with certain exercises for me me where I get a bit nervous jumping. I'm still nervous about twisting an ankle. But it doesn't stop me from trying and continuing my work to make my ankle stronger.


No comments:

Post a Comment