Sunday, June 15, 2014

1 year 8 months - Went to Disneyland and wore an ankle brace!



Monday, June 9, 2014


Disneyland! The happiest place on earth! My coworkers and I were down in LA for E3 and decided to go to Disneyland the day before. It was so much fun! A lot of walking though. 


We went from 10:30am - 10pm. I knew I needed to wear an ankle brace for the long days of walking and standing in lines for rides. While waiting in longer lines for rides, I had to shift or stretch every 5-10 minutes or the stiff weirdness begins. My circulation will cut off when I stand for too long. I'll never forget my New York trip with all that walking giving me a bad limp and slow walking by the end of the day. So I wore this very flexible ankle brace by Futuro, purchased from Target. It was the only one that was light and comfortable enough to wrap about the hardware and wear shoes comfortably. Glad I wore it because by the end of the day I felt ok. Nothing like New York. It saved me! Still I was very tired but not as limpy as I expected. By the time I sat down, I finally felt exhausted. I didn't swell up but I did feel sore. A bit of aching too. I always carry Advil as a backup, suggested by the doctor. Happy I wore it! It was great support! I love Disneyland!


No comments:

Post a Comment