Tuesday, April 1, 2014

1 year 5 months - Yoga Class #3

Friday, March 28, 2014

Happy Friday! Good way to end the week with yoga to relax my mind.

This time a friend joined me. I pretty much sweat throughout the entire class again. My ankle is still with no pain. I must wear good shoes to prevent that. Since Monday's class, I haven't felt sore for more than a day. Mostly in my arms and surprisingly in my ankle.

However, I do notice that when I walk for long periods such as 30 minutes up to hours at a time, I will get tired and slowly start limping. I have been contemplating on asking my Surgeon for another Handicap Card. It would definitely make it easier on me if I had one. I just figured after about a year out of Physical Therapy I'd be more progressed than I thought. I'm so wrong, it really takes time for ankles to heal.

This time in class, in some positions when I do some twists with the body I can feel a tiny crack. The kind like how you would crack your knuckles. Tiny little pops but it didn't hurt! When I do these leg bearing moves like the Warrior III pose example below, I can't stand or balance for long.


I also had a bit of discomfort and lost a bit of balance holding the reverse warrior pose as well like the example below. I was shaky holding my bad ankle leg bent. Felt some pressure and tiny bit of tingling. I hope my strength and balance improves as I take more classes. I just bought another yoga deal from Groupon for Hot Yoga! Will do that once I'm done with this Groupon deal. I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment