Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day 98 - 4 New Balancing Exercises


Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2013 - Week 22

I woke up emotionally drained today. My ankle was also a bit sore from last night's ankle exercises. Today's the first day I was sad about going to Physical Therapy because I really thought it was my last day but obviously not due to my ankle progress. But at the same time I was happy to be there to get myself better. Since my last session, 3 more weeks of Physical Therapy had been added on because I needed it. I can't believe it has been about 2 months since I've started. 

I had an 11:45am Physical Therapy session today with Colleen. I did the usual review of last week's exercises and then my favorite part, the massage! Then she had me stretch out my ankle with this ankle stretching exerciser tool I don't even know the name to. I got a great stretch standing on this with each foot, leaning my heel back into this. I felt immediately warm and stretched in the ankle area.


Colleen taught me 4 new balancing exercises. The grapevine side stepping alternting my feet and cross stepping, squats with arm rotations, multi directional lunges, and 75% weight bearing heel raises. 


After all of these new exercises, I always end with the leg press machine. There was some crunching around the right bottom and top of ankle during today's new exercises. As usual, I was given ice and a new printout with instructions on my new balancing exercises. I felt sore throughout the day. My limp came back because my ankle was tired. I have noticed a bit of a difference since using Coco butter on my scar. It is slowly smoothing and fading away. More the scabbed and areas where I had a rash from wearing the cast for so long. Luckily I don't mind it. The scar doesn't bother me at all. I continue to massage the scar area to loosen up the tissue inside. I can also feel the bolts when running my fingers over it. It feels so weird haha! What a tiring day physically and emotionally.





No comments:

Post a Comment