Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 102 - Able to walk on sand (sort of) for the first time!


Sunday, Mar. 3, 2013 - Week 22

My friend picked me up today to have a doggy date with Cooper, the 7 month old Australian Shepard puppy. It was my friends first time going to Ft. Funston as well as my first time back to that place since I got injured! First time back at the beach! It's dog heaven there! So many dogs, a beach, hiking trails, sand dunes, dogs off leash allowed, and great relaxing scenery! We got there around 10:45am and walked around the entire park and beach until about 1:30pm. I was nervous at first because sand is so uneven and there were a lot of bark and rocks too which was unsafe for my unstable ankle. I wanted to see if I could do it and to my surprise I felt good. Stepping on sand felt like I was just stretching my ankles. I felt a bit of pressure in really soft sand. I was just afraid to fall when walking on steep hills. I really had to becareful and watched every step I took. It felt great to be back, it was such a great destresser.

Pebbles wasn't awake yet. That lazy dog usually wakes up around lunch time. She hung out mostly around my friend and I while Cooper ran wild haha. My friend said it's because he only goes there once a month. After this long walk, I felt the soreness coming around my ankle. I was definitely tired. Once I got home, I immediately began to fall asleep and fell into a short nap. My limping came back and it got more sore towards the end of the night. I shouldn't have walked for that long. I may have overworked my ankle. I'll be more careful and take shorter walks next time. At least I took a mini break in the middle of my walk. However, I felt so happy to be out and about again. So happy to be back at Ft. Funston. Pebbles needs some exercise too haha.





No comments:

Post a Comment