Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 204 - First day back to running at my usual spot, Crissy Fields!

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - Week 36

Today marks exactly 8.5 months since the day of injury and I am back to running at my usual spot, Crissy Fields! My first time running on cement and soil! I have missed this beautiful view so much! I was sooo nervous and cautious but I felt fine! At the beginning, I start my run on cement as I usually do. I was very nervous my ankle wasn't able to handle it. I was not use to running on cement at all and felt very heavy. I got tired fast and did a lot of run then walk, and alternating every few minutes. It felt great to be there. It was a perfect sunny day, not cold, and not too many people running.



At the end of Fort Point is the turn around point, there's the Hopper's Hands I must give high fives to before turning back. It gives me a feeling of accomplishment that I have made it to the end.


My run back turns into a trail made of soil. I definitely felt the cushion and more comfort in each step. Near the end, there is a wooden bridge which I walked because it has so many uneven wooden boards. My end point is back to my car at the parking area in front of the beach and view of Alcatraz. 


I did it! One big circle! Ran/walked 3.43 miles in 51 minutes! It was a great day today! So happy to be back! I've waited long enough =)







No comments:

Post a Comment