Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 201 - Ran on a track for the first time!

Sunday, June 9, 2013 - Week 36

It has been about 3 weeks since I ran! And this time I tried running on a track! I was ready and so excited to. I am following my Running Progression homework the best I can. 


I went to Kezar Stadium to run. The last time I was here was back in High School 1999 for track meets! I was excited to be here! It would be the first time I ran outdoors.

 

I stayed for about an hour from 12-1pm. I lasted running continuously for about 2.5 laps before I started to feel tired. I stayed in lane 3 the entire run. Then every lap after, I ran 3/4 of the lap and walked a corner for the rest of my 10 laps. Ended with a walking lap cool down. That was about 3 miles of running without any issues! No pain or pinching at all! I was just tired because it was the first time back at running since 3 weeks ago. And oops, I sort of missed the run straight, walk corners as mentioned in the Running Progression sheet Colleen gave me. I felt strong and ok to run it all. It was very exciting to run through the corners.



I think I did pretty good. My running position seemed fine, not wobbly, no duck waddling either. I felt pretty good at a comfortable jogging pace. No strenuous, or fast running pace. The entire time I stayed on lane 3. Brought back a ton of memories running pass the areas where I high jumped, long jumped, running the 200, hurdles, and relay. I was so happy to be able to even run without any pain. I get to breathe that fresh air again and to back to running outside! Towards the end of the night, I started to feel sore on the legs and a bit achy. But not in pain! My ankle felt like it is swollen but it doesn't look swollen at all. I started to develop a tiny little limp towards the end of the day but it's not really noticeable. However, I do feel really tired right now. I am still using the Chinese medicine, Dit Da Jow, every night. It should get rid of any achy feeling by morning. It's time for bed. Good night! 






No comments:

Post a Comment