Tuesday, May 6, 2014

1 year 7 months - First time back at the gym and took my first TRX Class!



Monday, May 5, 2014

It's my first time back at the gym! I am so happy! I did about 20 minutes on the elliptical machine before taking my first TRX class! It was an hour long of burning! I feel sore and so tired already. There were definitely some moves that got a bit uncomfortable for me. 

The first one was the Jump Squat, example below. I was able to do about 5 before I started feeling tired and some pressure in the ankle. 


Sadly, another move was the single leg squat I was not able to do. I got extremely nervous just trying to place my right foot into the strap and knew that I had no balance what so ever and stopped immediately to tell the teacher I was not able to do this exercise. 


The teacher gave me an alternative to do squats while the rest of the class continues the two exercises above. We did 3 sets of each exercise and more of other the other positions to do with arms and core work.


One exercise I was able to do with my feet in the straps was the plank! It didn't bother my ankle or foot at all. Just that this position made me sweat a ton! Well actually, I was sweating throughout the entire class. Great workout! It was fun and I feel like I got a great workout! I may be back for more!



No comments:

Post a Comment