Sunday, November 25, 2012

Day 4 - Very swollen and red


Saturday, Nov. 24, 2012 - Week 8


I just got back from dinner at a friends house nearby and not having to elevate my foot for just a few hours it swelled up pretty good! I read that swelling does continue even out of the cast. I just wonder how long it will swell for. There's also a darker color on my entire foot. I've got cankles haha!


My surgical incision is also looking better. Not as scary as the first day, the scabs are starting to fall off and my new skin is coming in. My skin is healing but still it feels very sensitive. It also gets very itchy from the dead skin that hasn't fallen off yet. I continue to put lotion on it so it stays moist and not crack. I think it started to rash a little from the premature peeling of the scabs. Bad idea! Also when I take a shower, I rub off the dead skin, that added to the redness and irritated the new sensitive skin. I am able to place my foot on the floor but I can't fully place weight on it. I can place some weight on the balls of my foot and a bit of the heel. Just not complete weight on the entire foot because the swelling causes so much pressure. It feels like a balloon about to explode at times. I sometimes still l have some spasms when I angle my leg a certain way in the air. I am getting close to finding a Physical Therapist. I can't wait to start! I see progress! Sorry for the gross pictures! 





No comments:

Post a Comment