Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 42 - Able to sort of walk around without CRUTCHES!!!


Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013 - Week 14

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I'm am having a great start to this new year! Since a few days ago, I've been able to get around the house without crutches! However, I do still have a bit of a limp, but I am able to walk around very slowly! I've really missed driving and have been doing more of it.

I went in to my physical therapy follow up appointment with my original physical therapist Colleen. I can't believe it has been a month and a week since I her in my first appointment. I've made so much progress since! She started with my ankle measurements and went straight into massaging the ankle. It felt sooo good. After massaging, we did another measurement and of course I was more warmed up and flexible. 

Next, she had me walk without crutches to see how I was doing. So far so good, but still a bit unbalanced on the right ankle. She said I can graduate from not using crutches whenever I can but bring them with me in case I get tired. YAY!


Colleen reviewed my past exercises and would like me to start more balancing exercises. She moved me on from using the towel ankle stretching to standing leg and ankle stretches. This feels really good. 


She gave me 5 more exercises, another one was the toe and heel raises. This one feels really good too. I'll show the other exercises in my next post. More homework! I just have to keep walking to get use to not relying on crutches now. After today's session, I was a bit sore and got some ice to relieve some of the heat around my ankle. Great start to this year! I'm so happy!




No comments:

Post a Comment