Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day 111 - PT appts. moved to every other week!


Tuesday, Mar. 12, 2013 - Week 24

This morning I woke up still sore from the long weekend of walking and from my friend's 4 year old son jumping around and accidentally stepping on my ankle! I screamed in pain! I started the day today with a bit of a limp, well it's pretty much everyday haha. 

I see Colleen and do the usual review of a few exercises she gave me last week. This time she brought out a mat that measures my balance abilities. Amazed how much I'm progressing every week she sees me, she now gave me a few new exercises to now help my joint movement. They also help to exercise my core. Below shows the 3 new exercises. 

First one is the knee to wall up and down movements 10 each. 



Second one is leg straight and ankle touching each corner while pushup from the wall for 10 each. 



Final one is with my knee bent and moving my hip from one side to the next while pushup from the wall and making a half circle motion for 10. 


Since I have about only 2 more weeks of my handicap placard, I asked Colleen if I still needed an extension. She said No because I need to walk and should not need it anymore. I was so sad and happy to hear that haha. Sad because I won't get the great parking anymore and happy that I need to not be lazy and need to walk more. Then she says, because I did so well on my balance measurements on the mat, we'll be moving our PT sessions to once every other week! It was like music to my ears! When I come back next time, she said that we may have someone test me again this time on the balance measurements to see how I've progressed with the time I am using to exercise at home. Then in about 3 weeks or so, she wants to get me to start jumping! Then possibly running on a treadmill with weight assist because I showed interest in running again. Ahhh I'm nervous and excited at the same time! I can't believe that next week will be the first week in about 5.5 months I will not be going to the hospital! I'm so happy! I finally get a break!


No comments:

Post a Comment