Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 126 - Y Balance Test and JUMPING for the first time!


Wednesday, Mar. 27, 2013 - Week 26

Everyday I still wake up and feel the stiffness around my ankle. However, it is going away. I notice that my ankle movements from left to right at now less pinch like feeling. There's more flexibility. My limping is close to gone! I would say when I do get a bit tired, you can see about a 10% limp by the end of the day.

I was told to go in 15 minutes early for my session today to do my Y Balance Test with Oliver, my pool class assistant! I was so nervous! Actually, there was nothing to be nervous about. It is just a measurement of how balanced I am now as a bench mark to test how I will be once we are near complete with Physical Therapy. I do 3 of each by balancing and moving the slider with my foot on the block as far as I can get it, and they keep the highest measurements of each reach. Colleen saw the results and was very pleased how well I did.


Then, she asked me to do some 2 legged hops! And then 1 legged hops on each foot! When it came to my right ankle, I was already nervous. I told her I've gained a few lb's since I last saw her haha. I feel heavy! So I did a few hops and it is very obvious my jumps are very week, my leg is still not strong enough and there was a TON of pressure every time I landed. I did about 4 hops and towards the end I started feeling a hard fast pinch around the right ankle area. It wasn't good...=(   But I did some JUMPING today and was somewhat able to! I was happy about that! As usual, we reviewed my other exercises she gave me from my last session 2 weeks ago. It was nice to have a week off! She then brought up the idea of me to try out one Total Body Fitness class held here next Tuesday! I can continue to take the classes to improve my joint movement and can get personal assistance as the classes are small to help with my healing process. I'm so excited! She said she attends those classes too and will see her there.   

She then gave me a new Green Band! So many new things today, it was a very fun session for me. 


This green band is used for ankle sidesteps and forward and back kicks, image examples below.  I definitely feel my legs burning while doing these exercises. It made me sweat! It was funny at first because there is so much resistance I told Colleen it feels like I'm in shackles haha!


Tomorrow March 28th, 2013 would make it exactly 6 months six I had my surgery! Spring showers are coming and I can definitely feel the cold and rain coming. It's this weird pinch I get. I can't wait to get to my next 6 months and see where I am with my recovery!





No comments:

Post a Comment