Friday, April 26, 2013

Day 157 - Discovered ankle socks bothers me


Friday, April 26, 2013 - Week 30

I woke up feeling sore today! But sore on the thighs and not in the ankle surprisingly form running last night. I'm so happy! I discovered that ankle socks bothers my ankle. It cuts off my circulation and a bit of swelling builds up. I feel this pinching pain whenever I wear ankle socks but realized it more then usual last night. It's like I can feel the metal protruding out of my ankle against my ankle bone more with the sock over it. Pretty uncomfortable. Once I moved the sock down I felt free and my limping went away. Here's what my ankle looks like, you can see the sock crease and the bit of swelling from the top view. You can see a bit of swelling from the top view too. It aggravates my hardware area. 


My grandma gave me a new bottle of Chinese medicine, the stinky Dit Da Jow does wonders! I feel fine the next day after a workout. It keeps the aches away! This big bottle costs only $6.50 bought from Chinatown. I love it!






2 comments:

  1. How long of distances can you run for? My socks do the exact same thing! I have huge indents in my ankle from my socks, and I'm not even running! My ankle is just always swollen...haha. So glad to hear you're progressing in running and getting more muscle back. That's a huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's your ankke feeling now after a few days out of surgery? It's this forever bit of swelling that never went away for my ankle that shows the indents whenever I do wear ankle socks haha. Your swelling will go down eventually. I was able to alternate run/speed walk every other minute up to 15 minutes and then I started to get tired so increased walking/running to every 2 minutes up to 27 minutes. My running total of 10 minutes ended at about 1.5 miles. I've waited 7 months for this and so happy that I wasn't in pain whike running. And I had a wider running stance, with legs further apart from each other for balance. Getting there happily haha thanks!

    ReplyDelete