Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 168 - I GRADUATED from Physical Therapy today!!!


Tuesday, May 7, 2013 - Week 32

I woke up feeling great today. Almost felt like 100%. Just a bit stiff every morning, a few stretches and I was good to go. I dressed into my workout clothes and was ready for PT. 

11:30am came and I was on the elliptical for about 5 minutes waiting for Colleen to get me. She said depending on how I do in my exercise reviews it is possible I will graduate by the end of class! I got really excited and was concentrating to do the best I can to show her I am strong enough! 

First she had me do some single leg squats. Clearly I was much better and wasn't leaning to one side anymore. I was very balanced on both legs. Next she had me to some skips, one legged hops, lunge jumps off a 4 inch block, and some other hopping exercises. After about half an hour, she said that it looks like I'm free from PT! I've graduated!!! I was soooo happy and sweating from all the jumping exercises. I saw Serena and the pool assistant guy and shared the exciting news! Then I thanked everyone for their kindness, support, and for making this process so comfortable for me. I felt like everyone were like friends to me. I had such a great time and will miss them all. Colleen said that I was too good for PT now, but suggests I follow the running progression to eventually get back to my running outdoors. Slowly get back into it eventually. Just keep up with my homework and using the rubber band.


She also said to continue my other wall ankle joint movement exercises.


She also said that I am a perfect candidate to join in on their Total Body Fitness courses they offer there every Tuesday and Saturdays. It is best for me because it is taught by a Physical Therapist who can still let me do my thing but help me whenever they see I am in trouble or can help adjust me for certain exercises. I can also go back to gym courses as long as I know my limit and quality vs. quantity for each repetition. Basically don't hurt myself. I finally ended my session with a survey I remember taking on the first day I got here about 6 months ago to the exact date on Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2012 - Week 9! I can't believe how fast time flew by. This survey basically asked questions such as : Are you able to house hold chores without issues? Can you run? Can you get into and out of your bath tub? Can you walk on stairs? Basically everything I could not do about 6 months ago. 

It's crazy to me how Physical Therapy has drastically helped me get back to where I am today. I am very grateful for all the people that have helped me along the way. This has been the day I've been waiting for! I will miss this gym! I'm so happy right now! And then I went back to my car to find a $62 Street Cleaning parking ticket hahaha. I was in such a rush to get to my appointment I thought the 2 hour parking sign was ok but completely missed all the text on the other sign above it. It was too small and far to read. Oh well, I'm still happy it's finally over! Well not quite, I'll have to keep up with my homework and continue to run! Now I just can't wait to get back to running at my favorite spot by the beach! 



No comments:

Post a Comment