Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 161 - Was able to run for a total of 13 minutes!


Tuesday, April 30, 2013 - Week 31

My ankle feels great a day after coming home from Vegas. I expected my ankle to be sore from all the walking around I did but I feel stronger and completely fine! No aches, always the same waking morning stiffness. But a bit of stretching will warm me up and I'm good to go. My balance is getting better by the day too. Today is my second Running Progression Exercise Homework. I met up my friend at her gym to get some running in. I started off with walking for 4 minutes and did the usual alternate walking/running every minute. At that point, I felt a tiny knuckle crack type crunching pop on the top and inside of my ankle. My ankle was also to feel hot and tired. I started to feel heavier too. 

I lasted 10 minutes of running then increased it to 2 minutes of walking and 1 minute of running. I lasted about 3 more minutes of running from this alternation and that gave me a total of 13 minutes of running! It's 3 minutes more then the last time. The rest of my workout was continued walking at a 3.0 speed level. While my running is still at 4.2 speed level. By the end of that last run, I felt tired and that quick crunch again above and inside of my foot. A bit of pressure on the bottom outside ankle. No PAIN though! I just felt tired. Possibly also because I am still dehydrated from just getting back from Vegas this past weekend. Other then that, my ankle feels stronger, and it's progressing. I also felt that I was a bit more balanced and less duck waddle running like the very first time. I hope to keep increasing my minutes in running! 



No comments:

Post a Comment