Friday, May 24, 2013

Day 185 - Exactly 8 months since injury and wearing Flip Flops!



Friday, May 24, 2013 - Week 34

Today marks exactly 8 months from the day I injured myself! Time really flies! I feel at about 95% right now. No more limping! However, when I do have long walks I do get really tired. Sometimes the baby limp sneaks in and you can notice very little of it. I do notice when I sit in chairs and dangle my feet for a while, it starts to feel stiff and I would need to stretch it out a bit to warm it back up. I guess the circulation cuts off faster now since there are foreign objects inside my ankle. The metal doesn't bother me at all! All 9 screws and a plate. When I accidentally bump into a stair case or anything on that ankle, of course I get that weird uncomfortably ouch feeling. But I'm not like in dying pain haha. 

I am happy to say I can run now! Still on the treadmill doing my running progression homework to build back up to running on the road. Not at my 100% yet of course. More of a jogging pace. Next I will try the track before running on dirt. I am still surprised how far I've come. It's such a great feeling to be back on my feet. =)  I can wear flip flops now and walk in them comfortably! I have been wearing flip flops for about 3 weeks(not everyday) now completely fine and able to walk long distances with them. Yay! I still haven't tried wearing heels yet. I'll be sure to update when I finally do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment