Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day 177 - Was able to run for a total of 20 minutes!


Thursday, May 17, 2013 - Week 33

I woke up today feeling really strong and comfortable in the ankle. I can say I felt about 95% today! I was surprised and happy to notice that I now almost cannot feel the metal in my ankle as if I never got the surgery! I never thought I'd actually feel my ankle again. I still don't have 100% of side to side range of motion. Always a bit stiffness once I wake up in the morning but with a little stretch and warming up to taking my first few steps and I'm good to go. No complaints, I'll take it because I'm not in pain!

This is my 4th running progression homework. It's been about 2 weeks since my last run on the treadmill. I've got a lot of time between busy doing my other ankle exercises. I was able to run for a total of 20 minutes today! [4] 2 minutes, and [4] 3 minutes of running with a minute in between each run at 4.3 speed (.1 increase)! I didn't want to push myself but it felt like I could have ran more then just 3 minute increments. I felt more balanced and definitely stronger this time around. I was less wobbly and eventually felt tired by about 18 minutes. Most importantly, no pain at all!


I continued speed walking at 3.0 speed for another 20 minutes and was sweating waterfalls again. It was a good day for me. I'm so happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment