Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 23 - Fifth Physical Therapy Session


Friday, Dec. 14, 2012 - Week 11

I'm back for my regular session! I really enjoyed the Pool Class on monday. So much so I had a dream the next day I lost the crutches and was able to walk haha.

Serena came by the bicycle where I was warming up and already noticed my walking in crutches has improved. She can tell I am putting on more weight on the foot. Today I did the regular exercises and received a massage on the incision, leg, and ankle. My scar is looking better as well as the sensitive skin around the area. This time she measured my ankle movements from up, down, left, and right. When I run my fingers over the scar, I can definitely feel the metal that's inside. I'm feeling great and no pain! Still I get a bit of the pressure bruised feeling when stepping down on the balls of my foot. This week shows major improvements and definitely can see that I am able to move my ankle from side to side this time without any issues!


However, the top of my inside area area swelled up just a bit. It could be from this new weight bearing exercise. This is good to get my foot use to having weight shifting as if I was walking. I'm excited for this coming Monday's Pool Class!





No comments:

Post a Comment