Monday, December 24, 2012

Day 33 - Exactly 3 months since injury and I tried driving today!!!


Monday, Dec. 24, 2012 - Week 13

Ohhhh my gosh! It's been exactly 3 months since my injury! I'll never forget the day, Sept. 24, 2012 around 7pm when it happened playing softball. =(   Today, I had a good feeling about my foot strength and really felt ready to drive. Lucky the rain stopped today. It was also sunny and warm out. It was pouring for the last few days. So I went ahead and tried to go around the block. I still used my crutches to get to the car. Got myself in and played around with stepping on the pedals. Got the car ready and then I went! I felt completely fine! I was soooo excited, I drove myself to Trader Joe's to buy some groceries hahaha! I went around the store with 1 crutch on one side and carrying the bin to shop in the other hand. I can now drive myself to Physical Therapy and to work! What a great Christmas gift to myself. I was hoping I'd be off crutches by New Years, we'll see when next week comes. =) I can't believe it! I continue to use the chinese medicine "Dit Da Jow" and do my ankle exercises. I'm getting better by the day and sure feel it. Soooo happy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment